Safety is our obsession
For us, safety does not stop or start with recalls; for the past 22 years and long before the establishment of any formal safety commissions or legislations, we've been committed to establishing processes and systems that ensure you receive only the safest products.
Note: For Emily 4-Drawer Dresser and Ryan 4-Drawer Dresser safety information, please see our dresser safety page.
Work with safety organizations
We are active members of ASTM
CPSC standards: We are current and vigilant
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is a government organization that adopts voluntary standards to become federal standards. By keeping up-to-date on all voluntary standards, we're able to continue delivering safe products without a hitch when new federal standards are rolled out.
We use a variety of versatile and beautiful woods. Some of our key materials include:
- New Zealand pine wood from sustainable forests. This is one of the most sustainable and renewable wood resources, and its forests are expanding, increasing total wood production annually.
- High-quality, American poplar hardwood. Poplar's smooth surface takes paints and stains beautifully and creates an easy-to-clean surface. Unlike other hardwoods, poplar is renowned for its fast growth and renewability.
- Malaysian hevea wood, an eco-friendly hardwood whose trees are also used for latex production.
Safe paints and stains
Paint is considered safe when it has toxic materials under 300 parts per million (ppm). In order to claim low toxicity, products must have no more than 90 ppm.
Our products come in at less than 10ppm. Our products are all formaldehyde and lead safe; the formaldehyde level for all of our furniture is undetectable.
In order to maintain consistent quality, we perform annual paint tests, exceeding U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission regulations.
Motivated by excellence, we are finding new materials to make beautiful cribs that not only reveal groundbreaking style, but that also satisfy our resolute safety standards.
- Acrylic gives parents an unimpeded view of their child. Likewise, babies feel at ease with a clear view of their world. Our acrylic is durable, easy-to-clean, and recyclable.
- Reclaimed white oak from an Alabama train depot embraces years of history. Combined with a zero VOC, natural oil and wax based finish, our reclaimed oak produces pieces that are both non-toxic and beautifully charismatic.
A history of safety
Since long before the establishment of any formal safety commissions or legislations, we've been implementing processes and systems that ensure our customers receive only the safest products.
We have established our own rigorous quality control program to stay ahead of industry standards. A quality control team at our production site individually checks and hand packs each piece, ensuring products meet the highest quality of craftsmanship before they leave our factory doors. Products are then inspected again by a second team upon arrival in the US.
We've been working with the same two factories who share in our sense of commitment to safety and quality for over twenty years. With our strong relationships, together we've developed an extensive system of quality control checks. Quality is ensured throughout the production process, from product sourcing to production line, to final checks before any piece is shipped out.